BECOME A MEMBER!
To become a member of the “Christine Chilver’s Animal Friend Society”, a written application must be submitted. It has to either be sent via email to the adress email@example.com, sent by mail to the address Fr.Candera street 4, Riga, LV-1046, or submited to the shelter staff in person. A sample for the application can be found here. The members of the society have to pay a monthly fee of 2 euros.
You can donate online directly from our site, through the charity foundation "Ziedot.lv", or by transfering the donation to the “Christine Chilver’s Animal Friend Society’s” account:
CHRISTINE CHILVER'S ANIMAL FRIEND SOCIETY
Fr.Candera street 4, Riga, Latvia, LV-1046
BIC/SWIFT, Account No:
More ways to help
- Adoption. By adopting a cat (adoption fee – 25eur) from the shelter “Animal Friend”, you will help finding a home for an animal in our care as well as free space for other animals in need of help. You can get more information about the adoption process by calling the number +371 67500491, on our site www.dzd.lv or by visiting the shelter.
- Volunteering. Time and work is as valuable, if not more valuable than money – the one thing that our animals need the most is affection and good care. If you’re able to devote some of your free time to our animals, there are many ways to help!
- Help rehoming our animals. Advertise the cats on social media! Tell your friends and family members to adopt a cat from the shelter!
- Support one individual that you think needs help the most. Advertise the animal you have chosen, collect donations for his/her care!
- Donations. The shelter is always in need for various clothing – towels, bedding, blankets, newspapers, cat food and toys, as well as cotton and wool clothes that you no longer need.
- A special visit. You can come and visit the shelter animals on a day that is important for you (e.g. your birthday), asking your friends to give a donation for the animals as a gift for you. Keep in mind that the visit has to be scheduled with the shelter administration!
- Kind words. There are some sad moments in the shelter, and receiving a nice letter or a drawing helps to cheer up the mood.
- Take part in the activities! Take par tin the activies, campaigns and other events organised by the “Animal Friend”!